Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Anniversary...8 years!!!

Me and the Mr. The beautiful flowers Brian got for me...my favorite!!!
Paige riding the ponies at Gardner Villiage...
Paige trying to pet the ducks...without falling into the water.
Brian trying to see if he can catch the ducks...
Wow, 8 years has flown by....it seems like it was just yesterday that Brian and I met in seminary, and since this is an anniversary post I'll tell you about how we came to be. Like I said we had the same seminary class together, I was in the class presidency and was given Brian on my list of people to call and do a spotlight on. We would chat on occasion, but I wasn't 16 so I couldn't date...so we were just friends. The summer I turned 16, Brian and I would see each other in the weight room at school quite a bit. He would be lifting for football and I would be lifting for soccer...so we would flirt a little bit. Then school started and we would see each other doing debate stuff, practice and tournaments. He had a girlfriend for a little while and I would give him a hard time about dating a sophomore{she went to a different school} and yes I was trying to get him to dump her. ;) Anyhow we were at a debate tournament at Portia Douglas where we really started flirting, we spent the whole day together and rode home on the bus together...which is where he finally got up the courage to hold my hand. He kind of did this silly poking game where I had to keep pushing his hand away and then finally he just held onto it. We dated all through the rest of my junior year and most of my senior year...breaking up just before senior ball and graduation. We met back up at his mission farewell...where once again I was just going to be friends and write to him on his mission. Well he came down to see me at college and he asked if I would write to him while he was gone...I told him that I would write to him as often as he wrote to me, he wrote the first week he was gone and EVERY week after that. {he had another girl writing to him too for a little while, but it didn't last long - poor girl}. We talked on all of the holidays, and I frantically watched the news when hurricane Mitch destroyed the country. He got home, dated a few other people....because I dated while he was gone. He was determined that he wasn't going to be ready to get married for awhile so I went back off to college, which he thought was a great idea. Huh....little did he know that it would drive him crazy, so I was gone 2 weeks and we were ring shopping - 2 weeks later we were engaged. Then married in the Salt Lake Temple June 27, 2000....now we have 2 amazing children together and couldn't be happier!
********
And since it's been 8 years, here are 8 reasons why I love Brian:
1. He is so snugly...he is the best snuggler, to me and to the kids...he loves it.
2. He is such a good sport, he will go and do whatever we are wanting to do...he loves to spend time with our family.
3. He is a wonderful daddy....his kids absolutely adore him!
4. He is service oriented and would give the shirt off of his back without hesitation if someone needed it.
5. He is such a hard worker...he has an amazing work ethic, he loves to build things himself and/or do things himself {much to my dismay}.
6. He is VERY supportive and encouraging with anything and about everything I want to do.
7. He is smitten by me {I still don't know why} but he is and I love that.
8. He is a wonderful husband...he is my rock! He has been there to help me through some of the hardest times of my life and has been there to rejoice with me during the exciting times as well. He cries for me when I am hurting and laughs with me when I am rejoicing...he is my VERY best friend!!! He is my forever friend and I am grateful that he wants to spend the eternities with me. Happy anniversary babe, I love you....this much, this much and this much!!!
********
This year for our anniversary, Brian bought me my favorite flowers - Gerber Daisies. Then we took the kids to Gardner Villiage to play for a little bit. Paige rode the ponies and chased the ducks....they eventually decided to fight back and tried to bite her, they didn't though but got close. Brian was crazy enough to try to pet them too...but not me, I'm smart enough to stay away and just take pictures of them being crazy! Then we went and got a treat from the candy shop....took the kids over to Grandma Coo-Coo's and headed off to dinner. We went to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, which is way yummy...Brian and I ended up liking what the other one got more so we switched meals. After dinner we headed over to Massage Envy for a couple's massage...it was wonderful. Now we can't wait for next year...maybe we will go on a cruise or something {hint, hint}! Love you babe!

13 comments:

Amber said...

Wow how time flies. Happy Anniversary.

The Ballou's said...

Congrats on 8 years!

Hope said...

Happy Anniversary! I love reading people's "love stories"! How sweet! I'd love to see a wedding picture sometime...

Brian & Heidi Haas said...

Okay, I have to make a few minor additions to the love story. Heidi likes to say that I was lucky she was still around when I got home. I prefer to say that no one else compared to me=)
Thanks, Hi-D for the love note. About the cruise: sign me up, if you'll actually leave the kids for that long.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations on being married 8 years!! That is amazing!
You know, I never knew how you two got together, so that was really fun to read!

Annie Miller said...

Eight years! Wow!!! Congratulations. What a cute story. I knew you had dated in high school but had no idea how long you dated or how you met. So cute!

skousenscrolls said...

Happy Anniversary!! I like your number 7. That is so sweet!

MiNdY said...

Aww.. this was such a cute sweet post! What a lucky CoUpLe! HaPpY AnNiVeRsaRy!!

Bobette said...

Hey Congrats. Man how time flies. It doesn't seem like it's been that long.

Amy said...

Happy 8 years! Love your story of meeting. I love hearing everyone's story so thanks for sharing.

Brian said...

Thanks to Sara's blog I found your blog again. I forgot the address. Time really does fly. Love to see you and your family. Give me a call and lets get together. So you are my second blog and my time is up. My baby is screaming for me to pay some attention to him. Literally less than 10 minutes of "free" time. (Should be folding the baby clothes on the couch.) But love to see ya.
Love ya
Lisa

nathansara said...

Happy Anniversary. Hope your day was a special one. Thanks for sharing your story. Loved it.

Spencer family said...

Happy Anniversary!
It is amazing how time does go by. Won't it be crazy when you have been married longer than you haven't! May you have many many more wonderful years to come!!!