As you probably caught from what I wrote before, Brayden has colic or so we think. He cries a LOT and only likes to sleep in his swing with the vaccuum going. We've tried everything else....the hair dryer, the humidifier, a box fan, the recorded version of the vaccuum and even some other cd's with white noise...like the ocean waves and nothing seems to work better than the vaccuum. So Brian and I have gotten acustome to sleeping to the vaccuum as well. :) In the mean time my house is a wreck, but my kids are alive and I haven't totally lost my sanity....so things are good! We will get through this, I may have grey hair and wrinkles but we will get through this. Anyone got some great tips??? We are willing to try anything...oh and we have also tried the gas drops and the gripe water. So in the mean time we are adjusting to our new definition of normalcy around here. ;)
Thursday, November 8, 2007
"Brayden Bear"...growing up so fast!
It's amazing how you can continue to love someone more and more every day.....especially when you love them more than you thought possible to begin with. Our little Brayden is such a sweety and we can't believe he's almost 6 weeks old already. We love every little thing about him...
Check out those eyes...and that itty-bitty tongue
His fingers
And piggies....
Everything about him is just so precious!
Even if he only likes to sleep in his swing with the vacuum going.....and cries most of the time. They are only little for such a short time....I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute of it. As hard as it can be sometimes before we know it they are all grown up and we wonder where the time went. So even though it's hard right now trying to figure out what we can do to help him be content....we will just have to give him lots of loves and kisses.
This is a sandwich kiss from Daddy and Boogie...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Cute Pictures! Tag you are it! Read my blog. Copy and Paste.
My first baby was SO EASY. He never fussed and was sleeping through the night (5-6 hours) at 4 days, and never looked back.
Then I had my second baby, and it was TONS different. The good thing with baby #2 is that you know how fast time passes you by and so you can still enjoy them even though they are fussy. My youngest will be 2 tomorrow and STILL wakes up at least every other night. It's insane. Anyway, good luck with it all!
CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't know you had your baby boy! Thats exciting! I love boys--I have two of them!:)
Yeah, my experience was the opposite, my first was much more fussy than my second! But, I love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! They are wonderful! And I promise, the fussiness does get easier as they get older! And as for suggestions: When Hunter was fussy and wouldn't sleep, my sister, Heather told me to get a soft cuddly blanket and put it right up against his cheek and face when he was ready to sleep. I thought it seemed too simple and wouldn't work...but it did!! So, you could try that. It never hurts to try! :)
Heidi, have you tried Gripe Water? I swear by this stuff. I think you can find it in most grocery store by the mylicon drops. You can also take him to the chiropractor(I take my babies when they're just a few weeks old, they need an adjustment after all that head compression of being pushed out a small opening lol!). Of all my doula clients whose babies had colic, they loved the chiropractor and never had any problems with colic again. I have a few more ideas, but I don't want to type a novel here. lol! Hope something works out for your little guy. He's absolutely precious!
Oh duh! I must've read too quickly. So you've tried Gripe Water. Have you tried swaddling? Some babies like to be swaddled up nice and cozy, makes them thinks of their previous home all cozy in the womb. I'm pretty sure there are some accupressure points you can try, let me look it up and I'll get back to you.
I would have to ask you some questions to full give you ideas to try! Maybe give me a call. Email me and I'll give you my cell. taylorspencer_@msn.com
Homeopathic Colic Tablets worked for us. You might give them a try. You can get them at any Drug store or WalMart might have them as well. Loved Them! Great to see your blog!
Post a Comment