
My hero!

Grandpa and Grandma Barb with the great grandkids at Paige's 1st birthday party.

Grandpa and Barb laying low at the party.

This is my mom and her dad at his 80th birthday party.

My Aunts Bonny and Susie with Grandpa at the same birthday party.

Doesn't he look awesome for being 80?!?!?!?

Paige kissing "Grandpa Grape" as she called him.

Me kissing Grandpa...gotta love the whisker kisses!!!

What a jokester!

It is with a heavy heart that I post this blog.... My sweet, sweet, sweet, funny, charming, loving, hillarious grandpa just passed away on Friday. It's been really hard on our family because we love him so much, I grew up being a grandpa's girl. He is my hero! I love him with all of my heart and will miss him greatly. A few memories of grandpa are that he was always a truck driver, he absolutely loved it....so whenever he was on the road and I passed a semi-truck I would kink my neck as we drove past just to see if maybe he was the one driving it. We would always go out to his house and hang out with him and his cats, he loved cats - which is funny because my mom is scared to death of them - kindof ironic since she was raised around them. My grandpa always told me about when I was a todler about 2 I was really sick and in the hospital and he came to see me and I wouldn't let anyone else hold me but him. As he got older when we would visit he would have the tv up so loud that we couldn't even hear ourselves think....and we would have to yell so that he could hear us talk to him, rather than turn the tv down....we found that humorous. One of my favorite memories is that he always greeted us with a smile, a big hug and a prickily whisker kiss....and we would get the same thing as we were leaving along with his famous " take care, be careful and I love you". Which is of course what I will miss the most, especially the whisker kisses!!! He was always so caring, understanding and supportive no matter what.
I love you with all my heart grandpa.....this grandpa's girl is lost without you! Take care of yourself, I will see you soon....oh and please give some hugs and kisses to grandma and Rocky for us! I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like he was such a wonderful man!
Wow, that was an amazingly heart-felt tribute! Memories are so good to have when you lose a loved one! Thanks for sharing them! I'm sorry for your loss, I know what it is like to lose a grandparent, I have lost three, but I promise it gets easier and it is comforting to know that they are with loved ones.
By the way, in answer to your question: No, I don't think many people know that my nick name was toes...only people that I love. :)
Talk to you later!
Tiff
That was a beautiful tribute. How are you doing? How is little Brayden doing? Any better?
Post a Comment